What Information Do We Collect About You & How Do We Use It?
Depending on how you interact with our Sites, the nature of your communications with us, and how we may interact with third parties, we may collect the following categories of information from and about you. This information may be collected directly from you when you use our Sites or communicate with us, automatically when you use our Sites (e.g., technical information relating to your device and experience on our Sites), or direct from our third-party partners.
How We Use The Information
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- IP address
- Username and password for your account with our Sites
- Company name and contact information;
- Information related to your business, such as income and other financial data; and
- Payment information.
- Provide the Sites to you.
- Create, register, and manage your account with our Sites.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve the Sites, including access management, payment processing, and other administrative functions.
- Respond to your requests, feedback, or inquiries.
- Deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use the Sites, and present content in a manner that is optimized for your device.
- Comply with laws and regulations.
- Protect and enforce your rights and the rights of others against the unlawful activity, including identity theft and fraud.
- Fulfill a transaction you requested.
Cookies & Related Technology
From time to time, our Sites may use browser cookies, beacons, pixel tags, scripts, and other similar technologies. We use these technologies to support the functionality of our Sites, perform analytics, advertise our Sites, determine how users interact with our Sites, and for other related purposes. Below is an overview of these technologies and your options with regard to each.
- Browser Cookies. A browser cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or device. The cookie then communicates with servers, ours (e.g., first-party cookies) or those of another third party (e.g., third-party cookies) that we have authorized to place on our Sites. Please note, we may not have control over how these third parties use your information when captured through the use of browser cookies. You may use the tools available on your device to set your browser to refuse or disable all or some browser cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Our Sites may also alert you to these types of cookies and provide you with additional tools to manage the use of these types of cookies. Please note that if you disable all browser cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or use certain features of our Sites.
- Beacons. Our Sites, and some of our email communications, may, from time to time, contain small electronic files known as beacons (also known as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFS) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email communication, and for other related statistical analysis. Beacons in email marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and interests in our content, offerings, and Sites. You may also use the tools in your device to disable these technologies.
How Do We Share Your Information?
Depending on the circumstances, we may share your information in the following circumstances:
- With Service Providers & Business Partners. We may disclose, share, or make available your information with our third-party service providers, business partners, and other third parties, such as credit / debit card processing partners, partners that facilitate billing, shipping, and customer service, third-party auditors and law firms, marketing and advertising networks (including those that provide ad measurement services), internet service providers, data analytics providers, companies that help debug and identify and repair errors that may impair the functionality of our Sites, and third parties that help protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- In A Business Transfer. We may disclose, share, or make available your information as part of a business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction.
- For Legal Process & Protection. We may disclose, share, or make available your information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (1) enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render or bill for the use of the Sites; (2) protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others; (3) in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation – in court or elsewhere; (4) protect users of our Sites and other carriers, providers, or partners from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful, or otherwise improper use of our Sites; (5) facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government.
Links To Third Party Sites
Our Sites, from time to time, may contain links to third-party websites and services. Please note that these links are provided for your convenience and information and may operate independently from us and have their own privacy policies and/or notices. You are strongly encouraged to review such policies or notices. We do not endorse or make any representations or warranties concerning, and will not in any way be liable for, any informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on other websites, even if one or more pages of the other websites are framed within, or linked to, a page of our Sites.
Do Not Track
Our Sites may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, overtime time and across our Sites. Third parties may also collect information about your online activities over time and across different internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Sites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
How Do We Store & Protect Your Information
Although no system or website can guarantee the complete security of your information, we take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure your information is protected in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, as appropriate to the sensitivity of your information.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purposes for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. If we dispose of your information, we will do so in a way that is commercially reasonable, taking into account the sensitivity of the information.
We provide you with the ability to exercise certain controls and choices about how we collect, use, share, and store your information.
Please note, for some of these rights (such as the Right to Access and Right to Delete), we may take steps to verify your identity by matching the information you provide with your request with the information we have on file about you. Depending on the sensitivity of the information at issue, we may utilize more stringent verification methods, including but not limited to requiring you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury.
To submit any of the requests below, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right of Access. Depending on where you live, you may have a right to ask that we disclose to you the categories and, in some cases, specific information we have collected about you in the 12 months preceding the date of your request or as otherwise required under applicable law, including information about from where we collected this information and how it has been shared.
- Right to Delete. Depending on where you live, you may have the right to ask that we delete your information, subject to appropriate legal exceptions.
- Right to Correction. Depending on where you live, you may submit a request that we correct or update the information we have collected about you, subject to certain exceptions. You can correct your information most easily by accessing your information through your account settings.
- Right to Change Preferences. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, simply click the “unsubscribe” link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the message. Please note, you may not be able to unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as message relating to your account and use of our Sites.
- Changing Cookie / Related Technology Settings. In addition to adjusting your browser and device settings, as outlined above, you may also control how cookies and related technologies are set and used on your device by visiting the following sites:
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
All terms and phrases used under this section have the same meaning as those phrases are defined under the CCPA and its implementing regulations, as amended (collectively, the “CCPA”).
Notice of Financial Incentive
Material Terms of Incentive
From time to time, we may provide discounts on our Sites in exchange for your personal information, such as your email address. We may use the information you provide to send you messages, market future services or Sites, and for other internal statistical purposes.
How The Incentive Is Reasonably Related To The Personal Information Provided
Our discount program is based upon our reasonable but sole determination of the estimated value of the personal information California residents provide, which takes into consideration, without limitation, estimates regarding the anticipated revenue generated from such information, the anticipated expenses which might be incurred in the collection, storage, and use of such information in the operation of our business, and other relevant factors related to the estimated value of such information to our business, as permitted under applicable law.
By providing your personal information when signing-up for a discount, you are affirmatively opting-in to our incentive program. If you wish to opt out of the program, do not submit the personal information.
Right to Withdraw
If you wish to withdraw from receiving a discount or sample, you may submit such a request by sending an email to email@example.com before completing your order.
- Notice of Disclosure for a Business Purpose. To learn more about the categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose about California residents in the past 12 months, please see What Information Do We Collect About You & How Do We Use It? and How Do We Share Your Information?
- Notice of Sale. Markaaz does not sell the personal information of California residents. We also do not have any actual knowledge of selling the personal information of any California resident who is 16 years or younger.
- Consumer Rights. You have a Right to Access, a Right to Delete, and a right to exercise those rights free of discrimination. For more information about these rights, please see the Your Choices section above.
California Shine the Light
You may request information regarding the disclosure of your information by us to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that our response to these requests will be duplicative of and more limited than our response to Right of Access requests (described above). To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT REQUEST,” or write us at:
Re: California Shine The Light Request
310 Comal Street, Ste. 258
Austin, TX 78702
310 Comal Street, Suite 258, Austin, Texas 78702