As a small business owner, you may have heard about the importance of having a good credit score for your business. We walk through a few tips on how to check it for free.
Your business credit score is an indicator of your financial health and creditworthiness and can impact your ability to get loans, credit cards, and other types of financing.
While there are many companies that offer credit monitoring services and credit reports, these often come at a cost. However, there are some ways to get a free small business credit score. Here are a few tips:
- Check with your bank: Many banks offer free business credit scores to their customers. Contact your bank to find out if they provide this service, and if so, how to access it.
- Use credit monitoring services: There are several credit monitoring services that offer free business credit scores. Some of these services include Nav, CreditSignal, and Credit.net. These services can help you monitor your credit score and identify any potential errors or issues.
- Check with credit bureaus: The major credit bureaus, such as Experian, and Equifax, all offer credit reports and scores for businesses. While some of these reports and scores may come at a cost, there are often free options available. Check with each credit bureau to find out what options they offer.
- Use government resources: The Small Business Administration (SBA) offers a variety of resources for small business owners, including access to free business credit counseling services. The SBA can also help you navigate the credit reporting process and provide guidance on how to improve your credit score.
- Monitor your credit report: One of the best ways to ensure that your business credit score is accurate is to monitor your credit report regularly. You can get a free credit report from each of the major credit bureaus once a year, and it’s important to review these reports for any errors or discrepancies.
- Become a Premium Markaaz Dashboard member: You have always-on access to your up-to-date Business Credit Risk Class 24/7. This can help you keep track of your business credit score.
By following these tips, you can get a free small business credit score and stay on top of your credit health.
Remember, a good credit score can open doors to financing and other opportunities for your business, so it’s important to make it a priority.
With the Markaaz Premium Dashboard membership, you can access a host of business and financial health tools to help you monitor and grow your business, including a free Business Credit Risk Class. Take a look today, and let us help you grow and thrive.